Be Born Again in the Spirit

'But what saith it? The Word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.""
Powered By Blogger

It Is a Freedom Thing

It Is a Freedom Thing

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010: Resolve to Live

Ask anyone who knows me well, I am quite naturally an optimistic guy.  I have an extraordinary faith in God's Word and lay claim to every promise He provides.  One of my absolute favorite promises from God is found in the Old Testament in the book of Deuteronomy, chapter 30 and verse 19.  I like this promise for it's direct message:

"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you (readers), that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live."

So far, so good...I have one daughter that calls me a crazy old coot with a mythological Jesus but the deal here is that it is not my promise to keep.  All I do is say God, that is your promise...I have chosen life found in the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ...and I praise your very name knowing that it is your word, and you will see to it. I understand the salvation message the Apostle Paul gives us in Romans 10:8-10, how to be born again in the spirit (John 3:3 & 3:7) and I have been for 30 years now.   This, issue with my daughter,  is not my worry.

Technically speaking, I, me personally, do not have any worries simply because I know the danger you place your psyche and health in when you allow stress to dominate your actions and reactions.  When stress kicks in, your physiological makeup wants to zip into a fight or flight mode...adrenalin flows, neurons zip across your synaptic gaps and is a process that if repeated often enough, wears a person down.  A worn down person opens his defenses to whatever is headed down the pike in his/her direction.  For example, cancer and it's causes are myriad and surround all of us..yet some are overcome and some not. So what is the culprit, cancer or your stress?

Worry is fear...and that people is just the opposite of faith and of course, "...without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him."  Hebrews 11:6.  Hebrews, chapter 11 is well known as the "faith" chapter even as ICorinthians, chapter 13 is known as the "love" chapter. (bible trivia).

You are made to stand and yet you don't...why not?

I know that often times "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts."  That is James in chapter 4, verse 3 telling us that we don't know how to ask and receive from God but James does not continue and tell us how to ask correctly...okay, I will provide a hint:


"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospers." 3John, v2.  Good grief, God doesn't want healthy captialists, does He?  Yes He does and of course the hook therein is your soul prospering....alllow it to do so as this is what brings you understanding...'Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of God."  IITimothy2:15.

Have a great New Years Eve today and tonight but if you are out and about, be careful...take it from a guy who will be 63 tomorrow, New Years Day...New Years eve out is amateur night and your local polizei will be laying in waiting....drink a glass wine for your health, like Paul told Timothy...enjoy tonight and...

God Bless and have a healthy and prosperous New Year...but resolve this...no Obamacare!

No comments:

Post a Comment