Be Born Again in the Spirit

'But what saith it? The Word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.""
Powered By Blogger

It Is a Freedom Thing

It Is a Freedom Thing

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Do Not Lose Your Soul Over Fighting the Evil Regime in Washington, DC

I come and speak today with much trepidation in my heart.  It does not have anything at all to do with the tyrannical forces in government and in charge today, nor do I worry about the evil doers they may send to silence our voices and to perhaps lock us up or beat us down....but rather, it has everything to do with the Lord Jesus Christ, my brother and my God.  I worry that pride leads me down paths that I ought not to go and I worry that I might actually hurt the sensitivities of some who might otherwise come to realize that it is Jesus knocking on the doors of their hearts.

I do not wish to offend anyone on a personal basis nor do I wish to use the freedoms and liberties I enjoy as a born again in the Spirit Christian to cause someone newer and perhaps weaker in the faith than myself, to stumble.  I was reborn over 30 years ago and I do remember the very early days when I walked and talked as but a mere babe in Christ.  I believed I was bullet proof that I could not possibly fail to please my Lord after that date in 1978.....I was wrong.  Man, was I ever wrong.   Very much of that time I was away from my Father's house, wishing to spend my new found riches in places where I did not belong and thinking that I could always come back to my Father who would be waiting with open arms.

I forgot that parents who love their children, discipline them when they are rebellious and so I have been often disciplined because I was never ready to let go of my Father's hand even when I was taking part in unseemly worldly pleasures.  Thankfully, I was never given over to a reprobate mind, a mind in which one does no longer care about the things of God and whose conscients is never seared by the things of God again.  God himself tells us best in one of my favorite books, King Solomon's Proverbs wherein you will find this:

"My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction:  For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.  Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.  For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.  She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.  Length of days is in her right hand; and is her left hand riches and honour.  Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.  She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is everyone that retaineth her."  Proverbs 3:11-18

"The Lord by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.  By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew.  My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion:  So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck.  Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.  When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and they sleep shall be sweet.  Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.  For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken."  Proverbs 3:19-26

"Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.  Say not unto thy neighbour, Go, and come again, and tomorrow I will give thee; when thou hast it by thee.  Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwellth securely by thee.  Strive not with a man without cause, if he have done thee no harm."  Proverbs 3:27-30

"Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways.  For the froward is abomination to the Lord: but his secret is with the righteous.  The curse of the Lord is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.  Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.  The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools."  Proverbs 3:31-35.

I told someone recently that I struggle with that 'most unruly member of my body', which of course is the tongue.  I also told them that it was that old former Marine coming out of me.  That person reminded me that there is no such thing as a former Marine, which of course, is something I already knew for 'Once a Marine, Always a Marine'.  And yet...I cannot allow that part of me to rule the day.  I pulled 9 active duty years (1964-73) and did two tours in Vietnam and did this while wearing dog tags that said "NO PREF" where a religion might have been.  Was I preserved, watched over?  I think so but nearly 40 years later I think also that I am beginning to understand why.  Prior to this, it was always why was it those 58,000 brave soldiers and Marines who died and why not me.  I visited the Vietnam Memorial in Washington DC twice and each time I found myself fairly sprinting past it out of some sort of shame perhaps. 

Why? I wondered and this really bothered(s) me.  Just maybe it was to be here to tell you this.  We know we have an enemy in Washington, DC....one who would destroy the American Republic based upon the American constitution which guarantees the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness....and these rights are inalienable and guaranteed by God, our Creator, Himself.  If we wish our guarantor to back our rights then we must subjugate our actions and thoughts to His as they are higher and mightier than ours no matter how bulletproof we think we are and no matter how just we think our cause is. We need to believe God when he tells us that vengeance is his and that he will repay.

I have said this to you before and I repeat myself now when I tell you that our enemy, our weapons of warfare and our armour are all found in God's Word, specifically in Ephesians, chapter 6 wherein we find:

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."  Ephesians 6:10-13

"Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of  faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perserverance and supplication of the saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak."  Ephesians 6:14-20.

Truth is God's word, righteousness is inputed to us because of the faith we have in Jesus Christ, that we accept the gospel message that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  We believe in one God and that he raised Jesus Christ from the dead and we use our voices to declare that to be true as we are not ashamed of the gospel of Christ...that which is the only means in which one may be saved.  It is with our hearts that we believe unto righteousness and it is with our mouths that confession is made unto salvation.  (Romans 10:8-10).

So as we go about the business of exposing the error and sins of the current DC regime and indeed their evil intentions toward our Republic...remember this, "If God be for us, who can stand against us."  Do not lose your eternal souls for those who would heed the wiles of those principalities, of the powers, and of the spiritual wickedness in high places.  Understand that America will fall and that the anti-Christ will have his way for a short season, but even now as you see Israel being parted (and she will be), know that if you accept God's word at face value that you will be among those who indeed, will defeat our nasty enemies.

One final word, God is not calling on you to be a door mat or to allow your family to be harmed so legally protect your home and your family.  I own and I carry legally...something I did not see fit to do until this past year.  Our watchwords are 'gentle but wary'.

No comments:

Post a Comment