Be Born Again in the Spirit

'But what saith it? The Word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.""
Powered By Blogger

It Is a Freedom Thing

It Is a Freedom Thing

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Golf My Way: Tiger Woods

Golf, a game I picked up late as 30 something year old.  I became enamored with every aspect of golf, the compeitition, the way you can pick up  your game as you learn certain things, the exasperation when you do not execute, the companionship of fellow golfers and of course the 19th hole are all things that had me captivated for 25 years.  I golfed league, I golfed every Friday nite with my wife in a buck and doe league, I golfed every Saturday and Sunday morning sometimes in skins games that I organized...I was hooked.

Tiger Woods came along and amazed us all.  With me, if Tiger wasn't playing in a tournament I hardly viewed it with a few exceptions.  Tiger Woods changed the game, he increased our own imaginations as to what was possible, he brought the game to kids who simply did not believe that such a thing was for them, and then he became mortal.

Tiger Woods in merely symbolic of our country....you can be the very best at what you do if you try just as hard as you can....we all want to believe this and many or most of us do believe this....we at least wanted a chance to try. 

Just like our country, which is the best at what she does, Tiger Woods rotted from within.....as our country is doing today, a process that began with Madelyn Murray O'Hare, over 50 years ago.  You have heard it said that power corrupts and that absolute power corrupts absolutely...it is true if your base is not founded in the tenets and Words of our Lord Jesus Christ.....

Beyond golf excellence, I had no lofty expectations of Tiger Woods....under President Obama, I have no lofty expectations for the United States of America......

I do not expect to be disappointed.   I think all of America should take a break from golf and any other golden calf that distracts them from the moment, the moment is in the 11th hour where we stand today and toys of boys should now be put away.....Matthew 20:6,

I woke up offically Labor Day weekend, put away my golf clubs....Reville!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment